LU Policy Number: SA.033
Effective Date: 10/01/19
Approval Date: 08/09/19
Revised Date: N/A
Purpose: This sets forth Life University’s tuition benefits for married and family members of current students.
Additional Authority: N/A
Scope: Enrolled Students Of Life University
Approval Authority: President
Responsible Authority: Student Affairs, Financial Aid
Publications: N/A Definitions: N/A
Married And Family Member Tuition Benefit Policy
Married couples or family members (parent & child or two or more siblings), where married couples or family members are concurrently enrolled full-time (12 or more credits) in the Doctor of Chiropractic program and all are meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress as defined by Financial Aid are eligible to receive this benefit.
Married couples must have maintained marital status for a minimum of six (6) months prior to applying for this benefit. Each student will be eligible for a tuition remission benefit of $1,000.00 per quarter for each quarter in which they are concurrently enrolled, up to a maximum benefit of
$14,000 (enrolled 14 DC quarters). Application must be approved prior to the student’s 13th quarter class level. A student is not eligible for this benefit if approval is not established prior to the 13th quarter. A student is allowed a one-time approved married or family member tuition benefit application while attending Life University.
The married couple or family members are both enrolled DC
The benefit for each qualified individual will be awarded as 50% of the benefit in the 13th quarter class level and the remaining 50% in 14th quarter class level, on the condition that the relationship of the married couple or family members status is confirmed, and that each individual is making Satisfactory Academic Progress as determined by the Office of Financial Aid.
One student enrolled in DC and one student enrolled in a College of Graduate and Undergraduate Studies (CGUS) program
The benefit for the student enrolled in the DC program will be awarded as 50% of the benefit in the 13th quarter class level and the remaining 50% in 14th quarter class level, on the condition that the relationship of the married couple or family member status is confirmed, and that each individual is making Satisfactory Academic Progress as determined by the Office of Financial Aid
- Each student submits the Application to Receive Benefit Form and provides the required documentation to the Office of Financial Aid.
- The application and documentation are reviewed, and the students will be notified via their student.life.edu email as to the decision.
- Benefit disbursement is not automatic. Each individual student is responsible for initiating the process for disbursement of this benefit.
- During the 12th quarter class level of the qualified individual’s enrollment (this may be different quarters for each applicant), an Application to Disburse Benefit and required verification of marriage is required. The individual will submit the completed forms and documentation to the Office of Financial Aid.
- DC: 50% of the individual’s benefit will be awarded during the 13th quarter class level, with the remaining benefit to be awarded during the 14th quarter class level.
- DC & CGUS: 50% of the DC student’s benefit will be awarded during the 13th quarter class level, with the remaining benefit to be awarded during the 14th quarter class level.
- Upon dissolution of a benefit-approved marriage, a Termination of Qualified Relationship form must be filed with the Office of Financial Aid within 30 days. The individuals involved will cease to qualify for this benefit as of the date of the dissolution but will retain any accumulated benefit.
08/09/19 | 10:27 EDT