May 29, 2024  
2019-2020 Student Handbook & University Policies 
2019-2020 Student Handbook & University Policies [ARCHIVED CATALOG]


Transcript Requests

Students and alumni may request official Life University transcripts through Parchment Credentialing Services.  Students and alumni requiring completion of additional documents (i.e. certifications) should submit such documents separately to the Registrar’s Office either in person or via email (  

Note: Your transcript cannot be released if you have any financial obligation to the university. Please contact the Office of Student Accounts at 770.426.2700 to resolve any financial matters before making your request. If we notify you that we cannot process your request due to a financial obligation to the school, you are responsible for:

Payment of your financial obligation.

Notifying the Registrar’s office once you have satisfied your financial obligation.

Advanced Standing/Placement and Transfer Credit

Coursework submitted from other institutions’ official transcripts for advanced standing/placement or transfer credit must be substantially equivalent to that of Life University in credit hours, subject content, quality, and format for consideration to be made.

If advanced standing/placement has not been awarded prior to admission, a transfer credit appeal may be submitted to the Registrar’s Office. It is required, prior to credit being awarded, that respective course descriptions and/or syllabi be submitted reflecting prior coursework to be considered.

For international transcripts (with some exceptions for Canada and Great Britain), it will be required that an evaluation be completed and sent to Life University by an approved international evaluation agency.

It is the student’s responsibility to verify the awarding of advanced standing and transfer credit by Life University.

College of Chiropractic

Advanced standing/placement or transfer credit for the Doctor of Chiropractic degree may be considered for academic coursework taken as part of a graduate program (i.e. master’s, professional or doctoral level coursework) (M.S., D.C., M.D., Ph.D., etc.) from another accredited institution.

Life University’s Doctor of Chiropractic Program requires that credits must be earned within five years prior to the date of admission into a DCP program with a grade of “C” or better. Exceptions may be made to accept older credits if the entering student holds an earned doctorate or professional degree in one of the health sciences (i.e., D.C., M.D., D.O., D.D.S., D.P.M.) or a graduate degree (Master’s Level or above) in an academic discipline closely related to the health sciences.

Once a student has been admitted to the D.C. program, transfer credit is not allowed for Master-level or above coursework without prior written permission.

College of Graduate and Undergraduate Studies

Advanced standing/placement or transfer credit for the Master’s degree may be considered for academic coursework taken as part of a graduate program (i.e. Master, or Professional / Doctoral level course-work) (M.S., D.C., M.D., Ph.D., etc.) from another accredited institution with a grade of “B” or better as required by the College of Graduate and Undergraduate Studies Master’s Program.

Upon written request to the Registrar’s Office, sport health science, master’s, cross-listed and Doctor of Chiropractic Program classes will be given advanced standing toward master’s degree completion to accepted students.

Any credits transferred toward an Undergraduate Studies degree must be from an accredited institution, and only credits with a grade of “C” (2.0 on a 4.0 scale; a grade of “D” may be considered for specific courses, i.e. electives) or better are considered for transfer.


Life University and FERPA Policy SS.009  

Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)

Under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), the student has the right:

  1. To inspect and review education records pertaining to the student.
  2. To request an amendment to the student’s records.
  3. To request a hearing (if the request for an amendment is denied) to challenge the contents of the education records, on the grounds that the records are inaccurate, misleading or violate the rights of the student.
  4. To file a complaint.

Life University’s Policy (under FERPA) gives the student the right:

  1. To inspect his/her records. All requests for inspection must be submitted in writing. The University has up to 45 days to respond. (Every effort will be made to fill the request in a timely manner.)
    • All students must give written permission for a third party to obtain any information from their files. The person(s) and/or organization’s name, date and purpose of the file review will remain logged in the student’s file. Also, the person and department who authorized the review will be noted.
    • If a student is a dependent, the parent may review the student’s file without written permission. Check with the specific department for age requirements determining dependent status. Neither parents nor spouses of our students can obtain Grade or Registration information without the written consent of the student on file in the Registrar’s Office.
  2. To amend a record he/she believes is inaccurate. The student must write the University official responsible for the record, identify that part of the record he/she wants changed and specify why it is inaccurate. The University will notify the student of the decision within 45 days and advise the student of the right to a hearing if the record was not amended to the student’s request.
  3. To request a hearing. The student will be notified within 45 days of the request with the time, place and procedure of the hearing. The department which has authority for the change request will provide the committee and the procedures for the hearing.
  4. To file a complaint. The student has the right to file a complaint if he/she feels the institution failed to comply with FERPA. To file a complaint, contact:
The Family Policy Compliance Office
U.S. Department of Education
400 Maryland Avenue, SW
Washington, DC 20202

Directory Information

Life University publishes an email directory on its website.

Directory information is information not generally considered harmful or an invasion of privacy if disclosed, and includes, but is not limited to:

  • Student names
  • Addresses (e.g., local, home, mailing and LIFE e-mail)
  • Telephone numbers
  • Dates of birth
  • Degrees, honors and awards received
  • Academic levels
  • Majors
  • Colleges
  • Dates of attendance
  • Participation in officially recognized activities/sports
  • Weight/height of members of athletic teams

Students who wish to be omitted from the directory or any other student publication must complete the FERPA Opt-Out form and submit it to the Registrar’s Office. The option may be changed once a year only.

Office of the Registrar Armed Forces Policy

Military Active Duty Policy

A military withdrawal will be granted to any student who is called to active duty (in most cases, the student must apply for readmission within five years of completion of military service). A copy of the military orders must be presented at the time the student applies. The copy of the student’s orders will be maintained in the student’s file.

The eligible veteran will be promptly readmitted to the class or classes beginning after he/she has indicated intent to enroll. The eligible veteran will be admitted with the same academic status - meaning the same program (or one most similar if the same one does not exist), the same enrollment status with the same amount of credits and a satisfactory academic status.

*Military students returning from active duty will be allowed to apply with application fee waived.

Veteran G.I. Bill

Getting Started

Students who qualify for veteran education benefits should first apply with the Veterans Administration (V.A.) by visiting the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs website.

What’s next?

The V.A. will review your application and send a “Certificate of Eligibility” letter to qualified veteran education benefit recipients. This letter should be brought to the School Certifying Official (SCO) located in the office of the Registrar.

For additional information and forms, please see the Academics Registrar section of the Life University website.