Jan 29, 2023
Students receiving the Bachelor of Science in Health Coaching degree must complete a minimum of 188 credit hours of instruction plus 10 hours of SLP (service project). The degree is as follows:
Core Curriculum Offerings
||Humanities, Health and Wellness
||25 Quarter Hours
||15 Quarter Hours
||Science, Mathematics and Computers
||20 Quarter Hours
Bachelor of Science in Health Coaching Offerings
||Natural Science Core
||15 Quarter Hours
||Health Coaching Requirements
||59 Quarter Hours
||Health Coaching Electives and Minors
||37 - 39 Quarter Hours
||15 - 17 Quarter Hours
Total for Bachelor of Science in Health Coaching: 188 Quarter Hours
Health Coaching Outcomes
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills needed to pursue endeavors within their selected field of study.
- Have the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to complete the certification process as determined by the professional agencies.
- Have the ability to interpret, analyze and apply information.
- Demonstrate knowledge about health and chronic diseases.
- Understand the role of wellness in enhancing the quality of life.
- Have an understanding of the major risk factors for hypokinetic/chronic diseases and the role that exercise plays in reducing these risks.
- Have interpersonal and communication skills that result in effective delivery of information to clients, greater community and other healthcare professionals.
- Demonstration professionalism and contribute of the healthcare community.
- Be able to design exercise and performance enhancement programs for individuals ranging from healthy to at-risk populations.
- Have an understanding of nutrition as it relates to health and performance.
- Have an understanding of the psychology and coaching principles related to human behavior.
Additional Completion Requirements
- Completion of at least four years of prescribed study, with at least 25% of coursework completed at Life University. 45 quarter credit hours of Health Coaching courses being earned in residency.
- Satisfactory completion of all Health Coaching and Natural Science core courses (Areas IV - VI) courses with a minimum grade of “C.”
- Satisfactory completion of all courses with a minimum overall cumulative GPA of 2.0.
- Exit interviews with Career Placement and Accounting Counselors.
- Complete Exit Counseling online at www.StudentLoans.gov if you borrowed federal loans.
- Official Graduation Records Review with the Registrar or designate.
To complete the Bachelor of Science with 188 quarter credit hours and a major in Health Coaching, students are required to take the following core curriculum listed below for Area I-VII.
Area IV: Natural Science Core
(14-15 Quarter Credit Hours Required; or any 9-10 credit hours of Anatomy & Physiology); Grade “C” or better required for Graduation Credit.
Area V: Health Coaching Core Requirements
(59 Quarter Hours Required); Grade “C” or better required
Area VI: Health Coaching Electives
Choose any of the following (37-39 Credit Hours):
Area VII: General Electives
(15-17 Quarter Hours) Any courses not previously used
Total Credits: 188 Quarter Hours