Jul 23, 2024  
2016-2017 Academic Catalog 
2016-2017 Academic Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]


Transcript Requests

Students and graduates may request an official transcript by filling out a Transcript Request form located on the university website to be sent to any party or institution. Transcript Request forms can be faxed, emailed or sent by mail to the Registrar’s Office. Students and graduates need to provide any additional documents that need to be completed by the Registrar’s Office or sent with a transcript (i.e. employment or certification forms). Official transcripts are categorized as follows:

  1. Official - Sent within five to seven days of request.

  2. Final Official - Sent at the end of a quarter within five days of that quarter’s grades being processed and recorded.

  3. Graduate Official - Upon graduate’s academic clearance within five days of ‘graduated’ status with no holds.

The University will provide official transcripts per program at a cost of $5.00 each. Transcripts will not be provided for persons under financial obligation to the University.

Upon receipt of a completed transcript request and payment of appropriate transcript fee, transcripts will be sent by mail within the time specified above.  

Note: The Registrar’s Office does not process requests for unofficial transcripts.

Advanced Standing/Placement and Transfer Credit

Coursework submitted from other institutions’ official transcripts for advanced standing/placement or transfer credit must be substantially equivalent to that of Life University in credit hours, subject content, quality and format for consideration to be made.

If advanced standing/placement has not been awarded prior to admission, a transfer credit appeal may be submitted to the Registrar’s Office. It is required, prior to credit being awarded, that respective course descriptions and/or syllabi be submitted reflecting prior coursework to be considered.

For international transcripts (with some exceptions for Canada and Great Britain), it will be required that an evaluation be completed and sent to Life University by an approved international evaluation agency.

It is the student’s responsibility to verify the awarding of advanced standing and transfer credit by Life University.

College of Chiropractic

Advanced standing/placement or transfer credit for the Doctor of Chiropractic degree may be considered for academic coursework taken as part of a graduate program (i.e. master’s, professional or doctoral level coursework) (M.S., D.C., M.D., Ph.D., etc.) from another accredited institution.

Life University’s Doctor of Chiropractic Program requires that credits must be earned within five years prior to the date of admission into a DCP program with a grade of “C” or better. Exceptions may be made to accept older credits if the entering student holds an earned doctorate or professional degree in one of the health sciences (i.e., D.C., M.D., D.O., D.D.S., D.P.M.) or a graduate degree (Master’s Level or above) in an academic discipline closely related to the health sciences.

Once a student has been admitted to the D.C. program, transfer credit is not allowed for Master-level or above coursework without prior written permission.

College of Graduate and Undergraduate Studies

Advanced standing/placement or transfer credit for the Master’s degree may be considered for academic coursework taken as part of a graduate program (i.e. Master, or Professional / Doctoral level course-work) (M.S., D.C., M.D., Ph.D., etc.) from another accredited institution with a grade of “B” or better as required by the College of Graduate and Undergraduate Studies Master’s Program.

Upon written request to the Registrar’s Office, sport health science, master’s, cross-listed and Doctor of Chiropractic Program classes will be given advanced standing toward master’s degree completion to accepted students.

Any credits transferred toward an Undergraduate Studies degree must be from an accredited institution, and only credits with a grade of “C” (2.0 on a 4.0 scale; a grade of “D” may be considered for specific courses, i.e. electives) or better are considered for transfer.


Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)

Under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), the student has the right:

  1. To inspect and review education records pertaining to the student.
  2. To request an amendment to the student’s records.
  3. To request a hearing (if the request for an amendment is denied) to challenge the contents of the education records, on the grounds that the records are inaccurate, misleading or violate the rights of the student.
  4. To file a complaint.

Life University’s Policy (under FERPA) gives the student the right:

  1. To inspect his/her records. All requests for inspection must be submitted in writing. The University has up to 45 days to respond. (Every effort will be made to fill the request in a timely manner.)

    • All students must give written permission for a third party to obtain any information from their files. The person(s) and/or organization’s name, date and purpose of the file review will remain logged in the student’s file. Also, the person and department who authorized the review will be noted.

    • If a student is dependent, the parent may review the student’s file without written permission. Check with the specific department for age requirements determining dependent status. Neither parents nor spouses of our students can obtain Grade or Registration information without the written consent of the student on file in the Registrar’s Office.

  2. To amend a record he/she believes is inaccurate. The student must write the University official responsible for the record, identify that part of the record he/she wants changed and specify why it is inaccurate. The University will notify the student of the decision within 45 days and advise the student of the right to a hearing if the record was not amended to the student’s request.

  3. To request a hearing. The student will be notified within 45 days of the request with the time, place and procedure of the hearing. The department which has authority for the change request will provide the committee and the procedures for the hearing.

  4. To file a complaint. The student has the right to file a complaint if he/she feels the institution failed to comply with FERPA. To file a complaint, contact:

    The Family Policy Compliance Office
    U.S. Department of Education
    400 Maryland Avenue, SW
    Washington, DC 20202

Directory Information

Life University publishes an email directory on its website.

Directory information is information not generally considered harmful or an invasion of privacy if disclosed, and includes, but is not limited to:

  • Name, address, telephone number

  • Weight and height of athletes

  • Date and place of birth

  • Dates of attendance

  • Field of study

  • Degrees and awards

  • Most recent previous school attended

  • Participation in officially recognized activities and sports

Students who wish to be omitted from the directory or any other student publication must inform the Student Advocacy Center in writing. The option may be changed once a year only.

Veteran G.I. Bill

Getting Started

Students who qualify for veteran education benefits should first apply with the Veterans Administration (V.A.) by visiting the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs website.

What’s next?

The V.A. will review your application and send a “Certificate of Eligibility” letter to qualified veteran education benefit recipients. This letter should be brought to the School Certifying Official (SCO) located in the office of the Registrar.

For additional information and forms, please see the Academics Registrar section of the Life University website. 

Yellow Ribbon and Tuition Assistance

Life University is a Yellow Ribbon Program participant. Additional information can be found on WEAMS institution search.

Life University also participates in Tuition Assistance for active service members. Our OPE ID # is: 02074800.

Office of the Registrar Armed Forces Policy

Military Active Duty Policy

A military withdrawal will be granted to any student who is called to active duty (in most cases, the student must apply for readmission within five years of completion of military service). A copy of the military orders must be presented at the time the student applies. The copy of the student’s orders will be maintained in the student’s file.

The eligible veteran will be promptly readmitted to the class or classes beginning after he/she has indicated intent to enroll. The eligible veteran will be admitted with the same academic status - meaning the same program (or one most similar if the same one does not exist), the same enrollment status with the same amount of credits and a satisfactory academic status.

*Military students returning from active duty will be allowed to apply with application fee waived.